Hotmail -now Outlook- is a free email system owned by Microsoft. Users choose this option for the following reasons:
- In addition to being free, it has constant updates.
- The platform is integrated with the main social networks.
- It has Skype built-in and its own cloud system, OneDrive.
- Its design is professional and easy to use.
How to log in to Hotmail from your computer
To log in to Hotmail from your desktop or laptop computer, just follow these steps:
- Log in to Hotmail.com or Outlook.com.
- In the middle of the screen you’ll see the “Sign in” button. Click on it.
- Enter your e-mail address, phone number or Skype account and choose “Next“.
- Fill in your password And you’re done!
How to sign in to Hotmail from Android
If you have an Android device, you can log in from your browser (usually Chrome), just like you would from a computer, or by downloading the corresponding application. Then:
- Open the Play Store.
- Search for “Hotmail” or “Outlook”.
- When you find the application developed by Microsoft, install it as you would any other app.
- Once installed, open it normally and complete the access data.
How to sign in to Hotmail from iPhone
You can download the app from the App Store, but you can also set up email accounts on your iPhone as follows:
- Go to the “Accounts and Passwords” settings.
- Choose “Add Account”.
- From the menu, select Hotmail or Outlook.
- Then enter your email and password.
- You can choose to allow or deny your data to be read by iOS and review other options, such as synchronizing information.
How to sign in to Hotmail from Windows Phone
The easiest way to access your Hotmail account in Windows Phone is to configure the system to complete this action:
- Enter the Configuration of your mobile with Windows Phone.
- In the menu you can see the “Mail and accounts” tab.
- Choose “Add an account”.
- Among all the options, you can select com, which is equivalent to Hotmail.
- On the welcome screen, click the “Connect” button.
- Enter your email address and password in the access form.
- Sign in and you’re done!
How to change your Hotmail password
Once you have logged into your account, follow the steps below to change your password:
- Click on the top right corner, right in the photo of your account.
- Choose “View Account”.
- Then, of all the tabs, place the cursor on “Security”.
- There you will see a box with the option “Change password”.
- To do this, you will have to verify your identity according to the options you have enabled for this purpose (an email to a second account or an SMS).
- Enter the code to verify your identity.
- You will then be able to type in your new password according to the current security parameters.
How to recover my Hotmail account
If you’ve forgotten or lost your password, recovering your Hotmail account is fairly straightforward. Just follow these steps:
- Log in to Hotmail.com or Outlook.com
- Click on the login button and enter your email address.
- When you are ready to enter your password, note that underneath the form appears the legend “I forgot my password”.
- You will have to confirm the account for which you forgot the password and confirm that you are not a robot by filling in a captcha code.
- Once you have done this, you will be able to choose a method to recover the key, which will be to receive a code in another email or in a cell phone.
- When you have the code, copy and paste it.
- You will be able to reset the password.
How to delete a Hotmail account
Before definitively closing your Hotmail or Outlook account, keep in mind that Microsoft will give you up to two months to repent and if you don’t, all stored information, including that of OneDrive, will be removed from the cloud. Now, these are the steps:
- Enter the following link (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId)
- You must be logged in or, failing that, log into your account at that time.
- In this way you will be directed to a series of clarifications to keep in mind before closing your account definitively. Click “Next”.
- In this new window you will have to select each item to confirm that you know exactly what the effects will be when you close your account. Towards the end of this checklist you will have to choose a reason why you want to do it.
- Finally, you have to click on “Mark account for closing” Done!
How to create a Hotmail
- Go to Hotmail.com or Outlook.com
- Choose “Create an account”.
- At this point, type the email address you’d like to have and its extension (@outlook.com or @hotmail.com).
- Then choose an eight-digit password that includes lowercase, uppercase, and symbols.
- It’s time for you to fill out the form with personal information, such as your first and last name.
- All that’s left is for you to type in the captcha code And that’s it!
What is a “Login Error” in Hotmail and how to fix it
The sign-in error in Hotmail or Outlook is a common message that usually appears to users when Microsoft servers are in trouble. Faced with this, it’s suggested that you do two things:
- Log in to https://portal.office.com/servicestatus and confirm that all services are working correctly or if Microsoft announced temporary issues.
- If the servers, according to the previous point, are optimal, verify that you are using the latest version of the platform or application. If this is not the case, update it and try again.
Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity
When you receive a login alert on another device, it means that your account has been accessed on a device that is not registered in the system. There are two possible reasons for this:
- You have a new electronic device, such as a telephone, and you log in there for the first time or you had access to a public computer, for example.
- A person you don’t know has breached the security of your account and logged into it without your consent.
In the first case, you will receive a message to notify you and if you have done so, you will not have to reply to the email, but you will have to verify your identity with traditional methods (another email or an SMS with a code). However, if you have indeed been hacked, you must reset your password, i.e. change it, and close open sessions on all current devices.
Benefits of an Outlook account
Having Outlook means a lot of advantages for the average user and also for the most sophisticated, as it is integrated with various services and add-ons that are extremely useful for both informal and university and work environments. Among them, we can highlight the following:
- Automatic synchronization between Active Directory and Exchange Server, two collaboration services between users.
- Automatic adaptation of Outlook with Microsoft Exchanger Play, an account specially enabled for professionals and educational institutions.
- It is full responsive, which translates into a service that works optimally on all types of screens and devices, as it is updated regularly.
- Seamless integration with Skype, the ultimate platform for professional video calling.
- The system and organization tray is designed so that tasks can be carried out quickly and effectively, having at hand absolutely everything that may be indispensable to you.
- Outlook has more options when it comes to organizing your inbox, so you can create functional folders fully adapted to your needs.
- Effective and seamless synchronization with Microsoft SharePoint, a business collaboration system composed of various products and management services.
- Instant connection to the cloud, so that all your photos, data and files are safe from any kind of inconvenience.
- A simple, practical and intuitive design that allows any user, regardless of their experience as an Internet user, can use Outlook without major difficulties.
- Possibility of creating more complex emails, thanks to various features, such as embedding Youtube videos or Linkedin profiles.
While Outlook is not the most popular email platform, as Gmail has made the most of it at that point, it is a service with immense resources for those who need much more than email. In addition, its security measures are highly valued.
However, despite all its goodness, we must mention that its storage space and its system for attaching files is limited in the free version, so it is likely that it will not take you long to clean up if you use a lot of OneDrive (the Microsoft cloud).